We got our dang crawl space emptied out today! All in one day! In fact, it only took a total of 3 & 1/2 hours. Conisidering how much junk was down there, that's amazing. Now there are only some empty boxes Jay didn't want to haul up (and based on his mood since he didn't want to put this work in, I didn't fuss about it) and a Select Comfort queen size bed we had until we upgraded to king size. We figured we'd use it for a guest bed when we one day move to a house (or, my nightmare, we are still living here when Rachel moves out). I have a boat load of laundry I'm doing to get all the baby/toddler/older kid clothing washed to sell, except a few special outfits that we'll keep. The only other thing I have to do is go through my craft cabinet to pull a few things out. Then I just need to live with the mess of boxes everywhere for a couple of weeks. We can't have this yard sale until the weekend of August 14th. We'll do a Thurs., Fri. and Sat. sale and hopefully, Jay will be here for it. It will suck to go it alone.
Despite the little bit of work Jay had to do, he turned into a griping, whining bear and I about kicked his backside to the curb. I kept my cool, though, and just kept reminding him I've been working on this project for 3 full weeks now and he was only putting in this short amount of time in the crawl space. Eventually, he thought about what a jerk he was being and apologized. So, things ended up okay.
My back and shoulder are killing me, though. All this lifting and bending. I wish we could afford for me to get the chiro care I really need, but we don't and I'll just have to cope. It will get better when I'm not working so hard moving furniture (I doing some major cleaning as I purge the house of stuff) and lifting boxes.
My MIL called and asked us to come visit on Sunday, so we did. Jay's younger sister, her daughter and her daughter's little girl who is about 18 months old were there. His nephew from his older sister came over, too. It was a nice visit but I was beat because I'd worked so hard all this week on the house and then the one day I hoped to just relax and go to church, we missed church and had the long drive down to the Springs.
It's very, very late. Or early, depending on how you want to look at it. I'm off to bed.
2 comments:
Excellent!!! I still have more stuff. Do you want it or are you bursting at the seams?
Bring it on!!!
Post a Comment