I fnally got the whole house sorted through - including the craft cabinet that was hanging over my head (and wasn't any 1 hour job, either - sigh). I made the signs last night and we'll be bringing all the boxes and stuff down from our bedroom and in from the back porch to the living room tonight, as well as cleaning up the two tables we have to work with. I am hoping we get TONS sold Thursday so we have less to bring back in Thursday evening. And I'm hoping for no rain until we wrap things up each day. BUT, of course, there is rain due tomorrow evening and Friday says showers all day with a high of 66F. While I'll enjoy not burning up every day, I don't know how well this will do for our sale. And I'm a bit worried that the signs will be ruined as I just used the markers we have here at home - which happen to be washable - ahem. I swear, the gods are against me (if I believed in more than one). So, am I worried? Yes. Just one more thing to add to my sometimes complex existence (yeah, I'm in a bit of a mood today). I'm thinking about picking up some sort of contact paper or something to cover the signs in to protect them from the weather. I have to go out to get change today anyway, so I think I'll try to do that. I should be able to find something that will work.
I've really cleaned a lot of stuff out of here. I have an old black and white TV, I think it's a 13 inch, which I've had for years. It works fine, just need about 30 seconds to warm up enough to come on, that I'm going to sell. It's just been sitting in our bedroom, along with an "extra" VHS/DVD player that we'll sell. We never use the player and rarely use the TV, so it's time to get rid of them. I pulled nicnacs, dishes, pots and pans....just all sorts of stuff to empty this house out to a normal level of junk. It's felt like purging my soul or something. I know the feeling I've had through this will only be better once the yard sale is over and I drop what doesn't sell off at Goodwill. No more junk, a little more room in the house - can't go wrong. Hopefully we'll net enough to give us a small emergency fund to shove in the savings. That was the whole reason for finally getting around to doing this - so we have something to fall back on while we're struggling so much if something crops up. Of course, I have lavish dreams of bringing in more than that, but that's not realistic. So I'll hope for the best. Oh, and I tried to talk Jay into selling our Clavinova piano which none of us plays (yet - but I hope to one day soon) but he was totally opposed. That could have easily sold for $400.00. Oh well. I was beginning to get a little too eager to dump stuff out there for sale.......Somebody had to take control.
No comments:
Post a Comment