Day two of middle school:
I had to go early for the school store but was able to drop Rachel off at the bus stop. I hurried to the school, got my quick review of what I would be doing there, checked out all the supplies so I could grab what was asked for in a hurry and promptly served....no one. One kid looked at what we had. One asked if we sold jump drives (uh, no but you can get them at Wal-mart for about $13). And one wanted pencil lead for his mechanical pencil which we were out of. Wow, I was busting a sweat *roll eyes*.
I went back a few hours later to do the lunch code thing. I enjoy the sixth graders. I know a lot of them from working at the elementary school and I laughed and joked with them like I did last year. The seventh graders are okay. Not yet rude, but not the little "deer in the headlights" kids that the sixth graders are. I didn't talk much to any of them, except the few I knew, but not enough to embarrass them. The eighth graders? Do those kids know they have rules to follow, that punching a classmate in the hall isn't okay, that chasing another kid (mind you, these boys were all HUGE) trying to take his money is not only not okay, but called theft? I wanted security to stand with me during 8th grade lunch. I was...uncomfortable. Thank goodness I don't have to be there for any grade but sixth tomorrow. I'm am breathing a deep sigh of relief.
No comments:
Post a Comment