Friday, April 4, 2008

Man, They Can Sing

Well, okay - not really. We went to see Alvin and the Chipmunks today. What a cute movie! And it cracked me up when they sung their 'Christmas is Here' song, one that I have on an album (for young whippersnappers, that's a vinyl, black record requiring a record player to be heard and about 5 times the size of a CD - lol). At the end of the movie, while credits roll, it shows their album covers and sure enough, there was the one I own. Being it came out in 1959, wwwaaayyyy before I was born (ahem), I'm sure it belonged to my older siblings first. I have it now despite not owning a record player to play it on. But it's a classic, right?

Anyway, we took one of Rachel's best friends with us and they had a good time. They are playing on Webkinz now, giggling and talking.

News about Jay's job just keeps getting better - NOT. Now there is no personal use of the trucks, which in our one car family means Jay gets to take the bus again to and from, adding a lovely 1 & 1/2 to 2 hour commute to his days home. Because we already see him soooo much.

On the brigher side of things, I like this quote today by John Miller:
Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life.

This same idea is said in a million ways, including the one I say to my daughter when she heads out the door for something she doesn't really want to do, wakes up in a bad mood or just needs a gentle reminder of how much our own behavior directs our world:
You make your day what it is.

I think it can be a hard thing to do - stay positive all the time, smile and laugh a lot to keep life light and happy, pursue even the things that frighten us with courage and determination. But we all have those moments that define how we live and how we see our lives. I hope I can always bring my focus back to the bright side, no matter where I've let it go.

No comments: