Sometimes a path is so long that the end is not in sight. And sometimes that inability to see makes it impossible to determine what actions you should choose, especially when your actions depend on another's efforts. The one thing I know for sure is that I can change myself. I can do my best and change my thinking and improve my lot in life by my own actions. These are steps I am already taking. My power statement is: I wait for no one.
I will go on alone to this place for myself and it is up to others to follow me if they choose. If they can.
All this tumult stirring around in a huge pot was added to last night. My anchor of, "at least this will never be an issue,", although something I had begun to greatly doubt, crashed last night. Can I recover? Yes, with prayer, scriptures and time. Can I forgive? Yes, again, with prayer, scriptures and time. Do I want to pursue reconciliation? That is what I cannot answer. That is what depends entirely on another. And those requirements are steep and firm. But time must be allowed to pass and decisions by another must be reached. I will not, can not, make a decision on what I will do until then. And so I will not.
Whatever my future holds, it will be in the palm of the Savior with His arms firmly wrapped around my heart to give me peace and to help me find happiness with His help.
2 comments:
I'm really sorry life is rough right now. I am one of the mystified you mentioned a few posts back. But I will keep you in my prayers. And if there is something I can do...let me know.
Thanks, Ellen.
Post a Comment