Jay got a call from a friend about a job as a moving van driver. It's a box truck, so no CDL license required. And it's not permanent or even regular, but it's occasional additional money for us. However, he hasn't driven the two days he has worked. He's been loading and unloading. Which is fine. But I can tell you he's come home dog-tired both nights. And I worried a bit. He's almost 50 and built like a rock.....star that's done a lot of drugs over the last 30 years while eating his share of food - Elvis comes to mind. So I've worried a little. But he's off for a while now, until the next call comes in, and he brought in a pretty penny - had his employer actually signed the check. He has to go back tomorrow to have that done. So, he's still actively looking for work. I'm just happy he could do this one. I'm actually a bit proud of him.
I talked to my employer again. Not only can I work until the end of June, but now I can return the first Monday in August, too. That means only one month of not working for me. I don't know if they'll need me the whole 3 or 4 days a week, but hopefully. And, yep, I still LOVE the job. I worry a little that Rachel will have to be on her own some - if Jay finds another job - but I'll also try to find some situations for her when I can and July we'll do a lot of fun stuff together.
2 comments:
i love the rock star comment..my coffee nearly spurted out my nose when i read it hahahhahah.
as for the swine flu..it has really gone crazy in the media hasnt it..the principal gave a big talk about it at assembly the other day even though there hasnt been any confirmed cases here in Oz.
Hope your asthma gets better my friend.
hugs bell :)
Jay actually took it pretty well now that he's reading - lol.
Yeah, the swine flu stuff has been crazy.
Hugs,
K
Post a Comment