Monday, April 13, 2009

A Break, Please?!?!?!?!

So, I posted that my paycheck didn't come through like it was supposed to on Friday. I called my boss and a bit later today (Monday), the big boss called and said they missed them somehow - ALL the hourly people got missed!!!! I can't believe that. Pretty unprofessional. Anyway, they said they'd pay us ON THE 20TH!!!!!! Ah, no, you will pay us - me, at least - immediately or I'll be talking to an attorney. Sure enough, with that said, I'll be getting my check on Thursday - just SIX DAYS LATE! Thank goodness for our tax return being in there, because I have creditors taking funds out today and tomorrow. This is the 3rd time this has happened to one of my co-workers in a year. I really don't know what to think because I've been an hourly employee with the district all along and NEVER encountered a problem like this. We'll see how things go. I just might have to take some steps to ensure it doesn't go wrong again.

Anyway, to add stress upon stress, Jay found out tonight that the census is running out of work for everyone. In fact, there are 12 listers - what he does - already sitting with no work - thus no pay. This job may be over this week already. I'm about to fall apart. And I don't think I can keep taking this. I really, really, really don't. Even more, I don't WANT to keep taking this. Enough! We've really had enough. I swear I don't know what to do. But I'll spend my night praying that something comes up. Jay's on the computer putting in apps tonight. It's something he'll just have to do every evening from now on - even if more work comes up because clearly, they can't be trusted to even work him the ten weeks he was hired to work. Man, my heart hurts I'm so scared.

4 comments:

bell said...

i am so sorry that it looks like Jay might not have work for the period you had hoped he would.

i know when things have been tough for me and i havent felt i could take anymore you told me to keep praying and that God wouldnt deal me more than i could cope with.

hold onto that thought K..something will come up..i know it.

hugs bell :)

Jason Heisler said...

I'm so sorry for all the struggles you have been going through. I know how hard it has been lately, please know that I am thinking of you and sending my prayers your way.

Kerri said...

Thank you, Bell. I am doing exactly that.

Thank you, Jason. I appreciate it and I know you keep us in your thoughts. We love you, kiddo.
Hugs,
Kerri

bell said...

hope that things are looking a bit brighter today sweetie.

hugs bell :)