Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Surely I Have Something Of Value To Say

But not a lot. I did get my paycheck earlier than promised - Tuesday instead of Thursday. That was a plus. Jay's census job is totally done today. He's turning in his stuff. I'm catching Jay and Rachel's cold. Of course, it starts in my lungs and I can tell my ears are going south quickly. This time, I won't allow the problems to go on for long.

We got our dog and cats their shots Saturday - thank goodness for a tax return. We took care of some financial things hanging over our heads, too. I went to a meeting for work yesterday that may mean a job change or even job loss for me in 1 to 2 years. If they get a descent system purchased. But it has to go through pilot phase and such first, so I'm good for this job next year at 4 and possibly 5 days a week. Then it may change or there may not be enough work to keep me. We'll have to see. Maybe my book will be done and Jay will have a good job and I'll make enough on the book to clear all our debt. I can hope - and pray - for that. I'll be finishing my visiting teaching this week for the month - Yay!!

My mom is doing really well with her recovery from a fractured hip and the subsequent surgery. She may be going home in another couple of weeks. Which is very good news as my dad's mental state (he has dementia) has deteriorated very quickly while she's been in the hospital. Once Mom is home, she can start her routine with him - spending the day talking about their past, all their children, things that have happened lately - all to help him remember. When I saw the movie, The Notebook, it left me sobbing because that is my mother and father only it is my mother telling Dad about their life.

Half hour until my first visiting teaching appointment for the day, so I'll work on my book for a bit.

2 comments:

violyngirl said...

Sorry you're getting sick! We need to get your sweet daughter over again some time soon to babysit...that is if she still WANTS to babysit my kids! :)

Kerri said...

She LOVES your kids. And she would love to watch them again. She's off all this month from swimming, so she's available Friday nights.