Friday, December 26, 2008

Ahhhh, The Day After

Christmas is wonderful and busy and fun and exciting and happy and spiritual at our house with a touch of the Grinch from Jay who gets the blues pretty badly most years about this time. He worked hard to move past it this year and with all the unexpected blessings, he did pretty well. I'm sure some of that was his sheer determination not to complicate our stressed lives at the moment and help us enjoy the holiday.

Christmas morning was filled with Rachel thrilled with all the gifts she got and Jay and I right there with her. We were greatly blessed by our anonymous church friends. We've been blessed by others, too. One friend purchased a battery for our car and despite my assuring her we would pay her back as soon as Jay had a job, she refused and threatened me in the nicest way. Another sent a gift card in their family Christmas card to us. Generosity has crept out of every direction this year.

Christmas Day was spent with my brother, his wife and daughter and his wife's family, which consists of mom, stepdad, aunt and a great aunt. This is our 2nd Christmas with them and they are all wonderful, sweet people. I made simple but personal gifts for each of them (thanks Kristy for the idea for the women's gifts on Light Refreshments Served) and they were so appreciated that it choked me up a bit. I think I was a little concerned how they would be received, being so simple. But I hadn't needed to worry. We had a really nice visit. And like the big cry baby I have become, I got all teary eyed saying good-by.

Today was relaxing and I was tired. I usually get busy the day after and get all the Christmas decorations down and put away. I just don't have a lot of energy back from being sick. Then I went for my follow-up appointment with the doctor and that explained it. I STILL have infection in both my ears, larygitis which she says is from the infection and some sort of fungus in my right ear - ewwwww. I'm going on my third round of antibiotics, plus something for the fungus. That explains why I still feel so run down. I can't believe I am still sick, though. This hasn't ever happened to me before. Usually one round of antibiotics and I'm good to go.

So, the Christmas decorations will be up a few days longer than usual (though not until April like at my mother's/sister's house last year - ahem) and I'll be thankful to finally get rid of all this stuff in my body.

Oh, and my daughter hasn't taken off the cloak she got for Christmas since she opened it except to sleep. Thanks Penny, for sewing it for me. You are a gem. My girl was THRILLED.

2 comments:

bell said...

Hi K

Happy New Year to you and Jay and R..i hope that 2009 brings with it much joy, laughter and prosperity.

i had a tear in my eye readng about all the blessings you have experienced over the past weeks.. so deserved for such a wonderful , giving family who would help anybody in the same situation.

so sorry to hear that you have still been sick and needing more antibiotics!!! hope by now you are feeling a little better.

hugs bell :)

Kerri said...

Thank you, Bell. Happy New Year to you guys, too. And Happy Anniversary!

We've shed a lot of tears over the generosity we've seen. It's amazing.

I see the Dr. again tomorrow, but I'm still having pain in one ear and my throat is sore one day, fine the next. *shrug shoulders*
I just want to get well, dang it! lol.
Hugs,
K