Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Getting Over It

I've been one sick puppy. I started with a cold that I could tell was turning into a sinus infection. We're new on Medicaid since we have no other insurance and it's a wonder that program works at all for health care. I did, after a horrendous search, find a Dr. - well, a nurse practitioner - who would accept me as a new patient. By then, I had a sinus infection on both sides with swelling and pain all the way into my right lower jaw, bronchitis, ear infections in both ears and conjunctivitis (pink eye) in both eyes. Can you say "kill me now". I don't remember ever being that sick. I was in so much pain, I couldn't sleep more than two hours at a stretch at night and was taking 4 ibuprofen every 4 hours trying to cope. I finally found some Vicodin I had left over from a root canal and started taking that. I STILL had pain that woke me every 3-4 hours. But 24 hours after getting on an antibiotic and a cough syrup with codeine in it, I was improving. Still, I've had to take a second round of antibiotics which I just started today because the sinus infection remains. Hopefully, things will just keep improving. I feel really tired, though, which I think is just because of how sick I was and that the infection isn't all gone yet. Once it is, I hope to start doing some walking with Jay to help get us more active (and take Rachel with us when she's around). We could all use it and it's a good place to start.

Off to bed. I'm beat even after a 1 & 1/2 hour nap this afternoon.

5 comments:

violyngirl said...

You poor thing! How HORRIBLE! Glad to hear you're on the mend though. Just remember, lots of sleep and fluids! See, you didn't need a doctor I can help you! Just kidding. :)

Kerri said...

Thanks for popping in, Ellen. Thankfully, I am definitely getting well at this point. Can't wait till it's all gone, though.
Kerri

violyngirl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
violyngirl said...

K let me try this again. Here's a cute story about Rachel I keep meaning to tell you! Have a nice day. http://everyday-fromheretothere.blogspot.com/

Kerri said...

What a crack up! I posted on your blog about it. My little miss know it all, I guess.