Thursday, December 4, 2008

In Support of a New Christmas Song

I read a few blogs. I started out reading just a couple, then those led to others and so on. One I've added to my list recently is called The Jolly Porter and is written by the husband of one of the writers at Light Refreshments Served. His last post, which you can read here: http://www.thejollyporter.blogspot.com/
is about Christmas songs. Or not. Anyway, here's the one he's written and hopes to see become a new Christmas song in 2009. I'm just helping to support his cause. For a REALLY good laugh, follow the link and read his post. The song:

Jennifer, the winter pony!
Look at how she prances around!
Jennifer, the winter pony
Swingin' her mane through town.

One thing about her (it may be a shock!)
Is that Jennifer the pony could actually talk!
She met an orphan boy named Jack
They talked for hours and he rode on her back.

But then one day Jack got so hungry.
Winter was on, and he hadn't any money.
He combed her tail, he was gentle and lovin'
But when she wasn't looking, he pushed her in an oven.

Jennifer, the winter pony!
Sadly was no more.
Jennifer, the winter pony!
She'll be back to settle the score!

Trotty-trot, trot, trot
Trotty-trot, trot, trot
Look at Jennifer go!
Trotty-trot, trot, trot
Trotty-trot, trot, trot
Now she's actually a zombie.

No comments: