Sometimes I wonder what horrible crime I have committed to be punished again and again. Or maybe, what horrible crime has Jay committed. Of course, it's not that. It's the luck of the draw. Or unluck of the draw. Yep, Jay lost his job today. We'd just gotten in our dental appointments, endocrinologist appointments and prescriptions and our insurance runs out at midnight tonight. He just lost the job today. And the insurance runs out at midnight. What the?!?!?!?! Whatever, loser company.
I've applied for jobs with the school district today. He's job hunting all day tomorrow. I've asked him to focus on non-driving jobs. It's time to put the skids on this scenario, I think.
Here's the deal: I'm still feeling that panicky, stressed feeling off and on, but for the most part, I am at peace. A better, safer job is about to come to him/us and this is what the Lord had to allow to make it happen. I can live with this.
I am a bit worried/sad that we will likely have to put off Rachel's birthday (end of Nov.). She wanted a movie with several friends, like Movie Tavern, and then cake and presents here. I've already warned her, though I'll try my best to pull it together for her. It sucks because it's her 12th. You know, sort of a milestone as birthday's go. But I can't change our fate.
The other worry is that we are wiped out from this happening too much over the last four years. There is no savings. There is debt - way too much of it. There is a huge student loan hanging over our heads. It feels hopeless. Yet, my faith and my heart tell me to hold fast and all will soon be well.
Well, I'm trying. At moments I feel like screaming and thrashing on the floor until it all goes away. Then I feel calm and confident that the Lord has this figured out for us. I just have to keep my faith going.
2 comments:
so sorry to hear this latest development K. why did he lose his job?? was it out of the blue or expected??
whatever the reason i am so sorry and will pray that something comes your way to make things right.
hugs bell :)
It was because of that previous accident in California several weeks ago. The damage dollar amount is why he was fired - not by the local company but the national one said he had to go. But they'd put him on regional and local driving thinking he would be fine and be "under the radar" to the national office. That just didn't happen.
Post a Comment