We always say a prayer when we eat a meal together. When Jay was on the road, Rachel and I always said one at dinner. Since Jay's been home all week, we're eating lunch and dinner together. Jay and I usually take that prayer time to say many things in our thanks to Heavenly Father for all our blessings, similar but not as much as our family prayers. Rachel, naturally, says quite a bit less, though she's very thoughtful and thankful in hers.
So, yesterday we sat down to a lunch of grilled cheese which was a little late in the day because I was trying to take care of some things. I asked who would like to say the prayer. Rachel usually volunteers, so I thought she might like a break from it. I followed up with, "Would you like to, Daddy? Or I could?" Rachel said, "Ummm, I'm really hungry, so I think I'll just say it." We burst out laughing. Rachel said her shorter prayer and then hungrily ate lunch.
No comments:
Post a Comment