Rachel tried out for the Drama Club. Two Friday's ago, she got in the car after some auditions and burst into tears, certain she would not make it in to the play. But the following Monday, she found out she had a small part as a nurse to Toad in an adaptation of The Wind in The Willows. This play is called "The Mad Adventures of Mr. Toad". She was thrilled and she's made some new friends in Drama Club, particularly a couple of boys that she's befriended. Of course, we aren't telling Daddy she's got boys for friends.....lol. Aside from that, things are going pretty well for her.
I've been a bit down in the dumps and couldn't bring myself out of it. When I had to go to the Dr. for a physical because she prescribes my blood pressure medication, I mentioned what had been going on. After a blood test ruled out other factors, she believes it's situational depression and gave me some mild meds for it. Living with a spouse with chronic depression, I kind of knew that's what it was. But already, four days later, I'm feeling a little better and as the weeks pass, I'll improve even more.
Lots going on with Jay and his job and it's left us up in the air for now and I just can't cope with even typing it all down. Hopefully, the best of the possibilities will come about. So if you pray, please do so for us.
That's about all that's coming out of my brain for now.
2 comments:
Thats fantastic that Rachel got a part in the play..i always loved wind in the Willows as a kid!!!
i am glad that you are feeling a bit better and once the meds kick in hopefully a lot better.
i will pray that everything works out with Jay's job.
hugs bell :)
Thanks Bell. Rachel is so excited and tomorrow is her first practice, so we'll see how she does. She hasn't worked on memorizing yet, so I told her no cartoons in the morning (we had swim team practice tonight so ran out of time)just practice her part.
Hugs,
K
Post a Comment