Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Moooaaannnn

I'm sick as a dog right now. Head stuffed, sinuses killing me, headache, coughing and whizzing, body aches, etc. I'm miserable. Hopefully anything I write today makes sense, but if not, just blame the drugs.

Rachel had a camp out sleepover on Friday night. She had the best time, despite the fact it was only around 50 degrees at 9 p.m. They started at 5:45 on Friday night with pizza for dinner and then cookie decorating. They set up the tents (the dad and brother slept in one and the girls in the other - the mom slept inside). Then they stayed up until midnight. At 5 a.m., our phone rang. It was just Rachel saying good morning. Apparently all the girls called their parents on a cell phone at 5 a.m. Hahaha, it was so funny - NOT! But a little cute and ornery. Then on Saturday morning they went to Home Depot for a craft project, which is apparently for Jay's upcoming birthday so we haven't seen it yet. Not surprising to me that she can keep this secret until October 10th. She's pretty good at that. Maybe I should worry about that being she's becoming a teen.....

Anyway, I started getting sick on Saturday. Rachel's cough/cold was a little worse, but we all rested on Sunday and she was good to go on Monday for school. Thankfully, Jay was home to take her and pick her up from school because I was clearly not very capable. He even went in to work a little later and took her to swim practice for me so the chlorine wouldn't aggravate my asthma which is giving me trouble because of whatever this stuff is. I didn't have it in me to even walk her to the bus today, so I drove her to school instead.

Last week, she went to Drama Club to try out. The teacher had told me they come in and read one small part of the script and that's all but he had her read 3 different parts and wants her back today to read some more. It sounds like she's certainly in. But we'll see for sure after today. And she told me for one part, she used her English accent which is way cute. She's really excited about it, though initially she thought she didn't want to do it because in Destination Imagination she got to help write the play. However, once there to try out, she realized how much fun it would be and now she can't wait to do the play and wants the lead part. I love that she's so excited about it. I gave her one reminder this morning, so I hope she remembers to go right after school. I still worry about her keeping everything straight in her mind.

Okay, I'm beat and need to go back to sleep again.

2 comments:

bell said...

i am sorry that you have been feeling so lousy..i surely know how it feels to just not have the energy to do much at all..
Have you been to the doctor????
hahahahah i know i am a fine one to ask when i avoid them like the plague myself.
i am so glad that Jay has been helping you out so that you can get some rest.
i am so excited for Rachel with the drama..sounds like she is a natural.
Caiti has a ballroom dancing comp on this weekend and is so excited about it she may burst at any moment lol.
Thanks for the bday wishes.
hugs bell :)

Kerri said...

Oh, tell Caitlin good luck in the competition. I'll bet she's amazing at that. I can just see her in a beautiful little dress, dancing her heart out.

Yeah, no doctor but I'm much better today. It's just so expensive for us to see them with this crummy insurance. But I don't think it's an infection now. I just think a bad period I've been having pulled my defenses down some and so I just got really sick with this.

What's up with your journal????
Hugs,
K