I've been in a situation for 14 years of having someone closest in the world to me be continuously dishonest with me. It's bled into many aspects of our relationship and it's caused a distrust that just never goes away now. I'm not sure what to do or how to handle it, but it's caused a good deal of financial and emotional stress in my life and I'm just weary. The lying began at the very beginning of the relationship, which I wasn't aware of for several years, and just continued. Sometimes over very small things, but the first known lie, had I known at that time, would have been a deal breaker - I would have never considered the relationship any further. So now I'm in a place where I have to wonder how much of what's said is truth and how much is lie because although some things are lies over VERY big issues, some are lies over the most ridiculous things. Every word out of this person's mouth becomes something to distrust. That's not to say they lie all the time. They don't. And oddly, lying to others in any way, for any reason, is a reason for this person to be distraught. I've just got no idea what to make of it. Or where to go from here. I guess I just have to be on guard and distrust everything until proven, which is a really lousy way to have to be.
The most recent lying episode has taken a huge financial toll on us. Somehow, it is in my hands to repair that damage and all I can do is do without more. I'm not very happy about it and I can't resolve it - only this person can. I just keep praying circumstances change so that the financial aspect of it is not capable of being damaged.
2 comments:
i really hate dishonesty..i think its the one thing that irks me most in life.
Especially if that lying leads to pressure on a relationship and the other person is left to pick up the pieces and fix the damage caused by the others dishonesty.
feel free to email me if you need and ear..i am around all weekend.
hugs bell :)
Thanks Bell.
Hugs,
K
Post a Comment