Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Times Flies When You're Having.....Fun?

Days go by and I dread each one of them in the heat of the summer. I move less because I am miserable. I am sure being fat adds to this discomfort, but even as a thin child when it was hot, I didn't cope well. I actually feel a bit ill in the heat. It sort of runs in the family with my mother, a sister and a nephew being the same way. Once it's over 80, I'm very uncomfortable. But once it hits the 90's, I'm sick from the heat. I put refrigerated witchhazel on a paper towel and put it on the back of my neck. I drink lots of ice water and little else to stay well hydrated. I eat as healthy as I can with fruit and veggies mostly. I get up early to get an early start. In fact, I ran our dog this morning around 9 a.m. Came in sweating and miserable. But every chore I need to attend to is even more of a chore. Ah well, only two more months of this - meh.

I have most of my house clean but still need to get to the living room and the downstairs floors. It's all I can do to make myself do it. Dang, I wish that one, we had enough money to run our AC and two, that the dang AC worked well. Alas, neither is the case. So we sit with fans running and move only when we must for the most part.

I did find some stepping stones (something we'd wanted for some time now for our backyard but had put off the expense). They were actually in the fenced area around dumpster. I took all 8 of them. They are nice and in perfect shape. Apparently someone just wanted a new look. Probably the couple that live behind us and down one. They have a beautiful backyard - though really not a yard as he's paved it all. They keep it up well. Anyway, Jay will clean up the backyard when he gets home and place the ones we can use. I doubt we'll need all 8, but better safe than sorry. And the best part - they were free. If only I had the wherewithal to hit the construction sites and ask to go through their left over rubbish. People get great free stuff doing that, but I'm always nervous about it.

We had a busy weekend this past week with a swim meet on Saturday and then a swimming birthday party on Sunday that I let Rachel go to. It's wwaayy too easy to not go to church when you haven't been for a few weeks (because of my parents visiting), so we've had to recommit to go this Sunday no matter what. And I find I actually struggle a bit with my faith when we haven't been to church in a while. It feels as though we have been forgotten sometimes. It's as though we try and try, struggle and struggle but to no avail. We can't cut a break or get ahead. So I try to consider something small like the finding of the stepping stones our little boost. Not much to jump about, but it's something. In the meantime, I pray Jay can find a better paying job, that I can get my book done and then published for enough money to clear our debt and that we can put some money into fixing up our very ghetto looking house....sigh. Am I asking for too much?

2 comments:

bell said...

Hi K.
i hope you and Jay had a lovely annivesary and that everything went according to plan with him being able to be home with his two favourite girls.
hugs bell :)

Kerri said...

We did. Thanks, Bell.
Hugs,
K