I love my daughter. We get along almost all the time. We enjoy each other's company. I love the person she is growing in to. I love to sneak in after she's gone to sleep at night and kiss her soft little cheek, telling her how much I love her and what a wonderful child she is. I secretly hope those words sink deeply into her sleeping mind so she can call them up when things make her feel less than the beautiful, amazing girl she is.
That said, being with her 24/7 for the past month plus has been a little....trying. We desperately needed a break. Then Girl Scout Day Camp, earned by selling many, many Girl Scout cookies this year, came calling. It's from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. all week. She's on her second day there and though I do miss her as we always miss our children when they are elsewhere, I know we will be happier with each other when this week long break ends. She had a blast yesterday, though she was very worn out from being in the heat all day. She made two new friends. She was happy to sit in the air conditioning and work on a story she's been writing. She had a whole new outlook on life (and her mother, whom she actually appreciated last night). Yep, I'd have to say breaking up the summer for a bit is a very good thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment