Monday, July 21, 2008

Concerts

I read a wonderful blog that one of my friends contributes to called Light Refreshments Served (you can link to it off my blog). It's written by 5 LDS women on just about any subject that crosses their minds. Oh, and they have free giveaways. Good ones. Anyway, one of them posted about attending the Police reunion concert (Sting) with her son. She mentioned first time concerts and it made me think about the first concert I ever attended. Of course, who was performing shows just how old I am. It was in the 1970's and my parents took my best friend and I to see Kris Kristofferson. Who??? you may ask. Yeah, well, it was a long time ago. Everyone around us was smoking pot and our 14 year old selves started giggling our heads off, all the while wondering what was so funny. And the concert was at the coolest outdoor amphitheater in the world (in my humble opinion), Red Rocks. The pics don't do it justice and the acoustics are amazing:









I posted a comment on that blog about how I believe my next concert was KISS. Awww, no body does it like Gene Simmons, eh?




No comments: