Tonight was the "Sneak Peek" at the middle school Rachel will be attending. The kids were invited in to have a scavenger hunt which helped them explore the building. I started out with two other parent sets and then Rachel and her friend, Tony, took off running. They were so excited. We just let them go and headed to the front of the school to chat with other parents similarly abandoned by their offspring (mostly because we couldn't keep up). It was a nice visit for us and she scored a hoodie and sweatpants sporting her new school's name.
Today was also the first day Rachel tutored a 3rd grade girl at school. It was for an hour and they got a lot done. I sat in, which I'll do for a little while, to help. She'll continue to tutor her the rest of the school year once a week and then over the summer. With all this activity today, by the time we got home, I was beat. I'm about to head to bed. I'll tackle the house tomorrow and then spend Saturday working on my book.
2 comments:
Welcome to the madness!
Gee, thanks.
Post a Comment