Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Yeah, I'm Still Counting....

It can't go fast enough. I've got 3 more days and I'm done at school. I'm not going back after the Monday 5th grade graduation. Once the ceremony and celebration is done, so am I. We're leaving and not showing for the last day of 2 & 1/2 hours, either. Why they drag them in for that short time is beyond me. But I'm done Friday. YES!

So, lots going on and it's already late but I'll type as fast as I can.

My folks, who just a year ago were too ill to travel and just 2 years ago my mom was near death, are coming to Colorado for 2 weeks. Then they will go on to Indiana - where they were born and raised and my mom's family still lives - for another 2 weeks. They'll stay at my brother's while here as he has a main level guest room for them and we'll be going over there a lot to visit with them.

My husband hasn't been home for almost 2 weeks now. He was in New York, then New Jersey, then South Carolina, North Carolina, back to South Carolina, back to New Jersey and now he's in Wisconsin. Hopefully, if all goes well, he will be home Friday or Saturday. We'll see. As long as he's home in time for Rachel's 5th grade graduation ceremony. And to spot me a few minutes of peace and no responsibility....

My daughter's head coach on her swim team didn't get his contract renewed. We are a bit miffed about that. He started the team even before we were on it (which has been 5 years) and worked for them for longer than that. He's been her swimming teacher for years. We were loyal to the pool because of him. But this info was given to him and all of us just a couple of days ago - too late to get on another team. Still, I'm pursuing that. Maybe there will be an opening at the pool we want to switch to.

My mood is a bit cranky at school, particularly with the 5th graders at lunch and recess. They are becoming middle schooler pains in the neck and I'm ready to scream. Of course, it's the same old, same old few that have been pains all year, but it's escalated.

My name is tired and I'm going to bed - where I'll lose myself in my love affair with sleeping.....

2 comments:

bell said...

Hi K,
that is so wonderful that your folks are coming for a visit..thats really amazing considering how sick they have been at times. i hope you all have a lovely visit with them.
How did Rachels graduation go??? i hope that J made it home in time..i had no idea he was gone for such long stretches. that must make it very tough for you..not much chill out time just for you thats for sure.
Enjoy your time off my friend.
any ideas why the swim coach wasnt re hired??that seems weird.
hugs bell :)

Kerri said...

Hi Bell. I'm posting more about all this, so will answer in that.
Hugs,
K