Sunday, May 4, 2008

Does Water On The Head Equal Creativity?

In my case, the answer is YES. When I get new ideas or am able to finally press on from a spot in my book I'm stuck on, it happens in the shower. Is it the Chinese Water Torture-like experience, the soothing plopping of the shower stream or just that I finally have utter silence with which to grant my mind its wandering? I don't know but I have a lot of stuff on an ancient handheld tape recorder to transcribe into the written word for my book.

I fasted for Fast Sunday. You would think I would do this every month on Fast Sunday but because of my diabetes and the medications I'm on, I usually get very sick when I attempt it. I just felt so strongly that I needed to do this today. So at 4:30 p.m. yesterday, I stopped eating. Many people don't even take water, but I knew better than to do that as getting dehydrated, which I am prone to do because of my medication, causes me to get dizzy, light headed, nauseated. So I drank water, but that was it. The only time I started to feel sick was about 3 hours after I took my medication. I prayed and it went away. Anyway, the whole reason for wanting to fast so badly is how difficult this job hunt issue has been for Jay. You can look at him and see how wearing being over the road is on him. You can see it in his face, his countenance, hear it in his voice. You can see how hard it has been on us as a family when you see Rachel cling to him from the moment he gets home until he leaves, when she tears up every time he has to leave again, how she tells me all the time how much she misses him. And I miss him, too. The distance has long stopped making the heart grow fonder. It's just made it more empty. So I fasted and prayed that something local, that he could support our family with, would come through very soon. Please pray with us.

No comments: