A good night's sleep? It's somehow escaped me lately. I, who has always had a satisfying love affair with it. I've been having a hard time sleeping through the night. I have this nasty little cough left over from earlier in the week when my asthma kicked up and I couldn't breath very well. Two days of using my nebulizer seemed to take care of the breathing issue but I'm left with the cough. Last night, it finally seemed better and I only woke up once coughing. Then, at the lovely hour of approximately 4:30 a.m., our dog decided if I didn't let her out, she'd let IT out. So I came downstairs and got that door opened as quickly as I could. Now, like an idiot, I'm posting in my blog. Lack of sleep all week has removed my sensibilities. But I will go back to bed soon.
Last night was the school carnival. Honestly, and we've been to every single carnival they've had since Rachel has attended school there, it was the best one I've been to. They had great games that were nicely constructed, a jumping house (those huge blow up things they can let 8-10 kids in at once to jump around), Cold Stone ice cream and the usual other food fair, they put to use a new popcorn maker they bought this year, prizes and a generally smoothly run operation. Rachel had a blast. While there, I saw one of the moms I know with her 2 boys and an other's in tow. I told her it looked like she drew the short straw. By the end of the night, despite how much fun I know all the kids had, I was ready to get out of there. It was very reminiscent of the lunchroom for me. I warned the boys from my grade that I didn't want to see any of that disappearing ink on Monday morning. I have a feeling most of them will have used theirs up by then.
I spoke with the teacher I let read the first 42 pages of my book. I asked her, since she'd edited those pages, if she'd be interested in editing the entire book. I told her I'd give her credit for such if the book got published and that I'd be happy to pay her. She agreed but refused any money. I asked her, "What if I make it big with this book and make a lot of money? You'll let me pay you then, won't you?" She said okay, I could send her to Bora Bora for vacation and put her up in one of those huts on stilts over the water. So now I'm anxious to get more of the book to her. I'm going to try really hard to dig out some time to prepare more pages for her this weekend and early in the week. I feel like I'm very close to having this thing ready to go to an agent. I even have a couple of agents in mind whose blogs I read. I'm quite excited.
3 comments:
the "short straw" she drew was having two boys who wouldn't let her forget about the carnival and having another boy in her carpool who her boys would talk to! she was back within an hour. I'm glad it was fun! When are you gonna get a copy of your book to Cory and I?
I've actually only gotten the first 42 pages ready to be read. I'm working on the next section over the weekend and early this coming week to give to her to read and should get my first 42 pages back Monday from the other person I let read it. I can give it to you in sections if you'd like OR you can read the whole thing, with editing done, in a month - maybe less. Let me know. I totally want the additional feedback.
Oh yeah, she said she thought it was even since you kept John aka Luigi for her. I think you got a good deal - he's such a doll. She had to listen to all that noise for the time she was there. Very headache inducing.
Post a Comment