
The school year is nearly over. There are actually only 9 full days of school, but counting the weekends and Memorial Day, we have 14 as of tomorrow (if you count tomorrow). Confused? Me, too. Dang math. I can't wait. I'm so ready to be off my dang feet and to be able to give my body a chance to get well. I'm still congested, wheezing and coughing, though my voice is starting to come back. And I'm back and forth with some stinking stomach bug that crops up off and on. I'm wearing down, so those 13 days can't pass quick enough for me. Then we only have about a week before Swim Team starts. Of course, that's not me being up, correcting kids, running all over. All I do is sit in the heat and watch or read.
We've had gorgeous, perfect weather until this week. Now it's just plain hot out. I feel like a sweat ball every day. Summer is not my season, though I'll certainly survive it. But summer will give me the chance to finish my book, which is my utmost desire right now. I've got an editor, I'm up to page 155 with additional partial portions of the story written to add in as they are appropriate and I'm confident. I just pray I can make something really wonderful happen for our family with this book.
I'd love to post more and go on about whatnot, but I'm a burned out old lady who needs to get some sleep tonight.
5 comments:
14 more days? Our kids finish end of June.. and it's hot by you? It's COLD here.. like almost snow cold. *whimper*
Have a good one, my friend. :)
hi sweets,
have been threatening to stop in and finally dragged my butt here to do so.. i swear there needs to be more hours in the day!!!!
So happy for you that you will get some down time soon..sounds like you need it!!!
i know how excited you will be for some extra time to work on your book!!! i am so excited for you with it coming along so well.
i know i dont get here often enough but you are in my thoughts often!
hugs bell :)
Thank you, Bell. I knew you'd pop in when you could. You have an unbelievable schedule going on, so I totally understand. I am very excited about how close this life long dream of writing is coming.
Cori - I wish we still had the colder weather. That I can deal with. I think the U.S. has less time in session for school than most other countries. We started in August around the 20th or so.
Both you and Bell are going gangbusters with the new jobs and I'm so happy for both of you!
Hugs,
K
You ok, baby girl? I hear it wasn't a fun day by you weather wise. I hope it's all good!
Thanks for checking on me. Luckily for us, our state is very large and the tornado was very north of here.
Hugs,
K
Post a Comment