My sweet daughter wrote a response to this poem on her blog. Read it at:
http://kunabee.blogspot.com/2011/07/re-trinkets.html
Enjoy more of her blog, filled with poetry, here:
http://www.kunabee.blogspot.com/
Never thought it would be this way
Never thought I'd have to say
Good-bye, Love
Never imagined this future alone
Never imagined this deafening tone
A hollow hole in my heart
Couldn't have known it would turn out this way
Wouldn't have wished this, anyway
The options were gone
Watched as dreams broke and fell
Watched while everything turned to hell
Couldn't hold it together alone
Thought it would break me, thought I might die
Felt loved ones embrace me, hold me up high
And I knew I'd survive
And the past began to fade, the future brightened
The burdens on my heart began to lighten
My hopes and dreams rearranged themselves
Into something more amazing
I found the world outside the fear and pain
I found the joy in life again
I found myself - unbroken, after all
I found I could stand alone and not fall
I took the trinkets of my former life
And packed them away out of sight
I set in motion what I'd found new
And found within me what I needed to
No comments:
Post a Comment