Sunday, May 24, 2009

My Birthday

Not such a great day at home with two crankies that day, but I had a great time out. Hmmm, that sounds sucky, but I was out most of the day. At work, my two co-workers had gotten me a sweet little gift - a lemonade scented candle and holder and a Harry & David Moose Munch Bar. The candle has my whole desk smelling good (not lit, though, as you can't do so in the building). The candy bar was savored that evening after dinner. I love those bars and usually only get one at Christmas. They have popcorn in them, nuts and other stuff covered in chocolate. Yummy. Then I went out to dinner with six friends and we had a blast laughing and talking. We're talking about having a girl's night out monthly. The following day we headed out to my home town for my best friend's daughter's college graduation party. It was wonderful to see all of her family who, after all these years, are very much like family to me. Again, lots of laughing and talking and reminiscing. And I saw her little grandson for the first time. Rachel had fun, too, and the night before while I was on the girl's night out, she babysat two little girls she really loves. Anyway, it turned out pretty great. Not a bad deal for an old lady.

2 comments:

Vern said...

happy belated birthday!

Kerri said...

Thanks, Kristy!