Tuesday, May 12, 2009

How Mother's Day Went

Well, as always, it was wonderful. Rachel's old enough she believes I should have the day off and I did, mostly. I did some laundry and cleaned up the kitchen that evening, but otherwise I relaxed.

I ask for practical gifts, so Jay got what I asked for (just so no one disses him for it) - a couple of pot holders and dish towels. Rachel got me a beautiful necklace and earrings. The earrings are little diamond studs (not real ones, of course) and the necklace is a beautiful dark pink flower with diamonds in the center. Someone was kind enough to send an anonymous Walmart gift card, so I got some desperately needed blouses for work with it, too. It was a pretty nice holiday and I don't feel like I have to wear the same 4 or 5 shirts over and over again at work. Whoever did it had a great sense of timing. I thank them profusely.

I finally talked Jay into seeing the Dr. about his dang cough. I think it's bronchitis. He goes tomorrow morning. Rachel was sick again and I'm hoping it doesn't come back on me as I just got well again. I asked Jay to clean with bleach water which he said he did, but it sure didn't smell like it. That's really the only way to kill off these sick bugs. We'll see how it goes.

I started working out again Monday. I got up at 4:15 a.m. to fit it in but didn't manage that this morning. I plan to do a walking video (80 degrees is too hot for me to walk outside, sorry). We'll see if I manage. But I plan to get up at 4:15 again tomorrow. It's so hard to work out after work for me right now. That will get easier as the workouts do, but for now, I'll just have to get up early.

That's about it, I guess.

2 comments:

bell said...

anyone who can get up at 41.5 am and workout is awesome in my opinion..you wont ever see that happening in my house hahahaha..

i hope that the sickness stays away from you K..its always the way that it gets spread around. i have just gotten Riley well and now Cait and i have it. I am home today from school supposedly resting.. i should go to bed but there is so much danged housework to do.

Thats wonderful you had a lovely Mothers Day..you deserve it!!

hugs bell :)

Kerri said...

Thanks, Bell. I'm off and on with managing to get up that early. I swear, it seems like everything is against my getting this in every day. I was thinking about joining one of the challenges at DT - might help push me more with having that accountability. Maybe the Biggest Loser challenge. I'm thinking about it, anyway.

So far so good on not getting sick and Jay's on an antibiotic now, so hopefully this stuff will just head out of here now. Hope you and Cait are well soon. I can't imagine being sick in your humidity and heat.
Hugs,
K