Life is so rarely what we anticipate. Well, at least my life rarely is. And I find myself feeling very busy these days. Getting into the swing of working again, even though it's only 6 & 1/2 hours three days a week, and squeezing in everything else has kept me hopping. On Mondays after work, I head right to Rachel's school to mentor the writing club along with two other parents. We come home, quickly do homework and dinner and then head out for swim team practice. On Tuesday I volunteer there making copies for 2-3 hours, then come home and run any errands I need to, work on my book as much as I can and pick the house up as needed - or not. Yeah, that last one hasn't been a priority for a while. On Wednesday I come straight from work to pick up Rachel, head home and we do homework and dinner and then get her off to Young Women's. On Thursdays, I usually do as much writing as I can, pick up the house, do laundry. Rachel is at Newspaper on Thursdays, so I have an extra 50 minutes to get stuff done. On Fridays I rush from work to pick up Rachel, squeeze in any homework she has and then we head off to swim team practice again, an hour earlier than on Mondays. Saturdays are for cleaning and more laundry and whatever else comes up. Sundays, of course, I rest as I can and go to church. Amid all this, I'm trying to do a Family Home Evening every week, usually on Sunday's after church because it's the best time for us, encouraging us to read scriptures daily as a family - this sometimes works and sometimes doesn't - let a dear neighbor who is suffering from cancer and going through chemo right now know that we love her and take some homemade bread and meals in now and then, fulfill my church responsibilities (I'm the building scheduler and a visiting teacher supervisor - neither takes a great deal of time, but then I don't have much of that these days) and do my own visiting teacher. In between all that, with all my free time - meh - I try to stay in touch with my mother who recently had hip surgery following a fall and a break. I don't talk to my dad much because his dementia is so bad he can't really follow a conversation, let alone one on the phone. I try to blog when I can - or when I really NEED to. I try to be engaged with a high maintenance husband who despite having a temporary full-time job and a 2-nights-a-week part-time one still has enough time to be....well, high maintenance. I try to be there, always, for my not so high maintenance, remarkable, sweet and maturing daughter, but I find that easy because she consistently fills my heart. Somehow, amid all this, I find time for some TV - LOL. But I have to be honest that I'm glad two of my shows are having their series finales in the next two weeks. I've told Jay I don't plan on replacing them because I'd like to watch a LOT LESS TV. Oh, and my boss told me next year they will likely want me full time (we're bringing in some big bucks, which is what we're supposed to be doing). If we need me to work full time, I will, but I'd rather just add one more day and work Monday through Thursday. Then I have a day to get all the extra stuff done. And, oh I pray and hope I am done with my book by then and it's either been published (and paid off our debt) or is on its way to being published (and still pay off our debt). Of course, I do have some minor ideas floating around in my head for another book or two or three.
Sounds busy when I put it all down but honestly, I do have free time - which I should be using to work out. Yeah, I'll get there, too. I really need to.
So now I'm off to a craft fair at the local high school. Just window shopping for me, but I've never been before and I want to see what it's like. Here's to being grateful for:
1. A full life
2. An amazing child whom I can't even say enough about
3. Good friends who love me and support me emotionally
4. A Bishop who has had the tenacity to remind me God loves me and that I should not fear the future. My Heavenly Father will NEVER abandon me.
5. A husband finally willing to acknowledge his demons and begin to be healed with whatever help is necessary.
No comments:
Post a Comment