Friday, March 27, 2009

The 2009 Spring Blizzard!!!!!!

Yeah, not so much. Okay, we got a lot of snow, but a blizzard? Not really. Still, they closed the schools yesterday and today which means two things: We're behaving like southerners when they get a rare snowstorm of a quarter of an inch and it shuts down the whole state and lots of mom's pulling their hair out for two days as they cope with their bored children. Thankfully, I only have one and she's really happy these days to read, watch a few movies, go make a snowman or two and play on the computer. As for the schools closing down, it's the meteorologists fault. They said this was going to be a big one.

It is still lightly snowing. We have some movies we checked out from the library. We do have maybe a foot of snow and it's slick out. All in all, it's a descent, much needed snowstorm because we've hardly had any snow at our lower elevation (the mountains have still scored well) and we needed the moisture. Our dog, Daisy, has enjoyed romping in it and I'm planning to curl up with a book for a while today, then clean house later (or tomorrow), make some homemade bread and drink some hot cocoa. I love days like this.

Okay, now for the biggie. My baby got her hair cut. Yep, she cut her waist long hair - and donated it to Locks of Love: http://www.locksoflove.org/donate.html

I'm very proud of her. She is giving a wonderful gift to some children who have lost their hair due to cancer treatments. She came up with this idea all on her own and she looks FANTASTIC with shorter hair (shoulder length). My friend who cut her hair straightened it so it would look very stylish as she left the place on Wednesday, but it's gorgeous natural, too. It's wavy/curly and she justs looks amazing! So here's the treat, some pics of the whole process (sorry the order isn't any better but I haven't gotten the hang of it yet, I guess:






3 comments:

violyngirl said...

She is such a cute girl! I really like the new do!

Kerri said...

Thanks Ellen. I do, too. She's pretty happy with it and talking about growing it out again so she can donate again.

Jason Heisler said...

Look what a beautiful young lady my cousin is turning out to be. I can't believe that her hair was so long. I love the new look, it really suits her.