Sunday, August 7, 2011

Wounded

The wounds of my heart were open for so long,
Left bleeding and aching for what was gone.
But these three long years have not been for nothing.
I've grown stronger and wiser and found hope
For the future that looks brighter with each passing day
Because I found my own value,
On my own and without his say.
I know who and what I am in my heart.
I've come through the fire and found a fresh start
And learned how to hang on in this world filled with struggles.

I don't know what happened to change him so,
Or maybe I thought he was something more and was wrong.
I know what matters in this life and after
My faith has been what's kept me from sinking
My family has been my foundation and helped me take courage
Whatever the future, I know I'll be at peace
I've done the right thing and it's keeping us safe.
  

No comments: