Thursday, December 2, 2010

This Man

Seventeen years. That's how long I have been his. I like the ring of those years, the sound that number makes in my ears when I say it. I thought it would end at that number. But those little surprises have brought about changes that make me feel something in my heart again that I had covered over - as a way to protect it while things have been so diffcult.

Today was a tough day at work and on my way home, I called and talked, then cried to him. And he was the person he had been before. He soothed my soul and it had been a long time since he'd be willing...or maybe able...to do that. And he showed the tender heart I fell in love with all those years ago. Soon, he'll move back home to be with us. Probationary, as we learn to continue to communicate in a healthy way again, but home. I have missed this man that has shown himself again; the man I've missed for about five years. He'd been disappearing all that time and I was helpless to do anything to pull him back. Now, after this most difficult of times, he's come back on his own. And I am praying he stays - this good man I am seeing again.

4 comments:

violyngirl said...

Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kerri said...

Thank you, Ellen. My heart is singing the same tune.

Anonymous said...

I am glad to hear that K..sometimes it takes going through some of the most difficult times to realise just how strong we are!

Many blessings to the three of you!

hugs bell :)

Kerri said...

Thank you, Bell.