Yes, I've read all four books. Yes, I've seen the two movies out based on the first two books. I'm the mother of a teen. But I'll tell you something, no one speaks as well about the damage this book series has done as the substitute teacher in this story from a website called mylifeisaverage.com:
Today, I was sitting in class and we had a sub. We were told to write his name at the top left of our paper. His name was Mr. Cullen. I asked him if his first name was Edward. His response. "That f-ing movie has ruined my life. Oh and yes it is. My wifes name is Isabella too. I hate twilight." MLIA.
Dang you, Stephanie Meyer! Dang you! (Planet of the Apes - Mormon version)
Oh my gosh, and another I can't resist sharing:
Today, I was grocery shopping with my mom. I saw this bald man who looked a lot like Voldemort. As he passed me, I whispered (in what I thought was pretty silent whisper),"Lord Voldemort, you've returned." When I turned around for one more glance, he put his finger to his lips and said "Shhh!" My mom freaked out and asked if I knew him. I said yes. MLIA.
The website is filled with these little blips of teen life and some are quiet hilarious. Pop in and get a good laugh.
2 comments:
I like your blog's wall paper a lot better than the old one.
MLIA gives me hope for the next generation. If you can laugh at yourself than you can withstand anything and they will have much to withstand.
Thank you, Honey. I think you're my only reader these days. :(
Post a Comment