Sometimes I find it hard to get out of bed. Sometimes it's hard to take that last load of laundry out of the dryer and fold it. Sometimes it's hard to listen to my husband talk politics, especially when I disagree. Sometimes it's hard to worry about my baby girl and how she's doing at school. Sometimes it's hard to see her sick and worry because there is no insurance if this turns out to be more than a cold. Sometimes it's hard to wonder if we'll ride out this un/underemployment situation and still keep our house because that's hanging in the wind right now. Sometimes it's hard to keep smiling when I really just want to curl up in a ball and cry. Sometimes it's hard to watch a co-worker not want to work very hard at something we've invested so much time in just because someone might think she's mean. Sometimes the whole day just seems hard.
And then I look at my beautiful daughter and I talk to a friend here and there and I pray, earnestly pray, for just enough strength to manage. And somehow, I do.
3 comments:
It going to be ok honey, but did you have to include my brilliant orotory in your list of complaints?
You are a magnificent person Kerri! If anyone can do this, I know you can! Someday you will look back and laugh, but for now, smile and laugh because you've come full circle! I use to wetch Rachel and now, she babysits for me when I come to visit! It doesn't get any better than that!!!!
Thanks, Jay. Sometimes I'm on board with "it's going to be okay" and sometimes it just doesn't feel very hopeful. But I'll have to take your word for it for now.
Thank you, Audra. And right back at you. You have always been her all time favorite sitter and she loves watching your two little angels.
Post a Comment