Tuesday, January 27, 2009
I Got That Call
Yesterday I did get the call that 2 of my 3 references had called back and were positive responses (of course), but it's been more than 6 months since I last worked for the district, so I have to do the New Hire packet and fingerprinting all over again! I rushed out and got the packet yesterday and I'm heading over at 10 a.m. - the earliest they do it - to get the fingerprinting today. I don't know when I'll start now, though, because they may need to do the whole background check first. We'll see. But if I don't start this week after all, at least I DO know I have a job. And we have some volunteer work we have to do for the government help we're getting. We're assigned to work at Goodwill. Hopefully we can do that together to save gas money. Plus, and I know this is really awful of me, but I know people who have been in prison work there, too, and I'm a little uncomfortable with it. I tried to get them to let me count my volunteering at the school and just add some time in there, but that can only happen if I get some papers signed by the principal. I'm not sure what I'll do. I won't be exempt, though, because I'll be working less than 30 hours a week, so I'll have to do something as long as we're getting help from them. Which sucks all on its own. It's embarrassing and just plain difficult to not be able to totally support ourselves. This is the first time we've had to have help outside of some food supply from our church despite this being the 3rd time Jay has lost a job in 4 years. I'd say under the circumstances, we've hung in there pretty well. I'm just praying my book will be finished soon and sold and will cover all our debt that's been built up trying to survive the last 4 years and Jay's student loans.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment