Wow, has this epic fail gone crazy or what?!?!?!
I'm a conservative but serious, some people calling for her to be arrested for treason? Give me a break! It was a crappy joke gone too far. Yes, it was in bad taste; yes, it was outrageous; yes, it was inappropriate, rude, crude and, as we have all come to see, socially unacceptable. But treason? I think not.
She's being put through the wringer on this. She's lost jobs and endorsements. It definitely has hit her pocketbook. But while there are true terrorists walking around in our country, the Secret Service is wasting their time and taxpayer money investigating her for terrorism/treason. Please. Insert a good eye roll here.
Okay, I'm not saying I voted for or against Trump. In fact, what I did was highly unlikely to have had an effect on anyone. And honestly, "at this point, what does it matter?"!?! HA! Heard that one before.
Nevertheless, that snarky, smart-ass, snip off your nose wit-bomb just jumped the line. That's all.
Let's look around at just how many people do exactly that. Rappers glorify killing our men in blue and raping women. Video games teach us to turn a blind eye to violence and to actually find it entertaining. Television and movies teach us that it's A-OK to have sex in front of kids, swear like you lack the skill of the English language, do recreational drugs, drink like a dying man then get behind the wheel of a car, and generally behave in ways that would/will destroy some people's lives forever. And for what? For a laugh, a CD sale, a blockbuster, a name for your badass self?
So comparatively, how bad was Kathy Griffin's headless Trumpman? Yes, tasteless, tacky, over-the-top, and certainly you could say just plain wrong. But I can't see it being treason, or cause to have her investigated for being a threat to the president. That just seems like taking this a little too far. And if that's your groove, there are a whole lot of other areas you should be gunning for in this world today.
No comments:
Post a Comment