Thursday, June 1, 2017

If I Were Brave Enough

If I were brave enough, I would do things I have never done before just to say I'd done them. Okay maybe just for the thrill of it, too.

If I were brave enough, I'd climb a high mountain - though not Everest.  I'm not an idiot!  I can barely breathe as it is!

I would travel the world, even countries where I would feel like a giant at 5'9", like.....Japan.

I would go to Europe without fear and search for my ancestors.  I can hardly wait to get back my DNA results from Ancestry.com to know exactly where my people come from.  And I'd go see the place I was born, Landstuhl, Germany, at an Army hospital.

If I were brave enough, I would learn to swim, then swim in the waters off Hawaii - based solely on where my friend, Kanoe, suggested I should go.

If I were brave enough, I would put my writing out there.  I would push myself to finish my novel and do whatever it took to publish it.

I would be more honest when people are rude but don't see it by telling them their comment was uncalled for and unnecessary.

If I were brave enough, I'd show my old, wrinkled, fat arms like no one in the world would care; even on a windy day when who knows, I might take flight!

If I were brave enough, work would mean less and life - sweet, God-given, meant to be enjoyed, filled with those you care about, the smell of flowers, cool breezes, snowy days to sit inside and read a book or write, walks with my dogs whenever I want, etc - life would be number one on my list.

If I were brave enough, I'd see how little things sometimes matter, but only if they are for good.  I'd see that the biggest things are surrounded by love and that's what makes them big.  I'd see that when someone treats us disrespectfully because you have a different opinion, or don't know/see their side - especially when they are silent - it's okay to let them go and figure it out alone.

If I were brave enough, I'd let those I love still know that I love them, but leave it in their hands, trusting they will be there when I open my eyes.

If I were brave enough, I would walk away from the negative and walk toward the positive every time, regardless of its source.

If I were brave enough, I'd let all the heartache, hurt, frustration, fragile self-esteem, flutter into the wild wind to never knock on my door again.

If I were brave enough, I would live to the fullest and know that it is good.  If I were brave enough.

No comments: