In a post I made in July, I described how ill I had been and my long hospital stay and return home. Now, almost a year later, I am still struggling to regain strength and breathe well. It has been disheartening at the very least and seems insurmountable at times. I long to be well and "back to myself" again. I long to regain my singing voice and my ability to speak for long bits of time without running out of breath. I think I will ultimately have to see a pulmonary specialist to truly resolve my breathing issues.
It's been a tough year. Because I got sick in December, we were hit with two out-of-pocket deductibles and wiped out our savings paying as much as we could as quickly as we could. From $12,600.00, we have less than $5,000.00 to finish paying now. The Lord looked after us by helping my husband with a job situation that allowed him to make quite a bit more than he had been making most weeks and I was, thankfully, able to quickly move back to working full time. But it's been tough on me. I have little to no energy for anything else. And I think it has slowed my healing completely because I am so tired all the time. It's frustrating.
I no longer use a cane and I have just now started to walk our dogs again on short trips. By the last stretch of the walk, though, I am breathless and my thigh muscles are burning. So upsetting from where I once was! But I'm still determined to recover. I will go on fighting!
No comments:
Post a Comment