Monday, August 3, 2009

Switching Gears

My last few posts have been about a man other than my husband. Maybe I ought to switch gears, eh?

Rachel went on the trek in Wyoming only a couple of weeks after getting home from Girl's Camp. She enjoyed it much more than she had Girl's Camp, though she wasn't getting along with one of the 3 new friends she'd made. Apparently with good reason as that particular girl insisted on repeatedly smacking her, despite Rachel asking, then demanding, that she stop. The report I had was that she had some trials, but we could be really proud of her because she kept at it and did an amazing job. That was from her "family" grandpa. A couple of other people from our ward told me she did great until the last day, then had some tears but kept going and was an example to them because of her strong testimony. This Sunday, our Fast and Testimony meeting, two different people who had been on the trek - one adult and one pretty much an adult (18 and on her way to college soon) mentioned the example she set and what an amazing person she was. I was so pleased, but I also know how strong she is in her faith and what a wonderful girl she is. She is my best ever blessing. She's happy to be home and doing her own thing now.

Jay got a second part-time job and has trained a lot the last week and a half. His normal hours at this 2nd part-time job will be Saturday and Sunday from 2 p.m. to midnight. Then a couple of days ago, he was asked to add 2 more days to his other part-time job, so now he's working 6 days a week. A couple of days before that, I took a call for him while he was at work and he's been signed up for testing in a couple of weeks for a full-time position that will be very good pay and good benefits. I'm praying that will come through. It's time. But the best part is that this has completely changed his mood and confidence. He's the guy I fell in love with and married again. It's been really wonderful to see him smile and laugh again, hear him speak positively about himself and his job prospects and the brighter countenance when I look at his face. Nine months was a long time for a man not to feel he was taking care of his family. Now he is. Good things. I am most grateful to Heavenly Father for these gifts.

3 comments:

Randi said...

What a wonderful girl Rachel must be! I love her example.
Great going, mom!

rocslinger said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kerri said...

Thank you, JustRandi. We are really lucky. She's the best!

Comment removal above was mine coming from posting off my hubby's blog. Just so folks know.