Saturday, March 13, 2010

Thirty Days....And Counting

We have until April 14th. Either we'll be told we got our loan modification or we'll be moving someplace because that's the foreclosure date. I've started looking for rentals this weekend. The trouble is we have pets - pets that are like siblings to my daughter who doesn't have any and how do we tell her at least one has to go? How do we let one go? We love them, too. If I could turn back time, everything would be different right now. But, I can't, so we just have to keep moving forward.

Rentals are much more expensive than they were the last time I was in one - more than 14 years ago. We've lived in this house that long. It's the only home my daughter has ever known. We actually own it....until April 14th unless the modification goes through. And how long will it take? It's been seven months we've been working with them. They were the ones that offered it and yet it's still taken seven months. I totally don't understand this. And I'm really, really stressed and scared about what our future holds. Wish Heavenly Father would just make this happen so it could be over with. I'm holding on by a thread.

Desparate for good news, I did find out I still have my job next year. After that, it's all up in the air. But at least I have it for next school year. My girl did great this last trimester again at school, too. And she is a great source of joy. Protecting her heart these days is the toughest thing I've done. How do I prepare her and still help her find peace? Well, I've just told her to keep praying and trust Him to take care of us. I don't know what else to do.

5 comments:

violyngirl said...

That girl of your's has a strong testimony! You guys are awesome parents and people, I know you'll get through it, whatever it is in the future. And you're right, rent IS really high! Prayers are being offered for things to work out just right and for you to have the strength you need right now. :)

Kerri said...

Thank you, Ellen. I'm asking for a blessing today. This is all so scary.

rocslinger said...

Wow, Ellen just called me an awesome person and parent to boot, she must not know me that well. ;)

Vern said...

"When in situations of stress we wonder if there is any more in us to give, we can be comforted to know that God, who knows our capacity perfectly, placed us here to succeed. No one was foreordained to fail or to be wicked. When we have been weighed and found wanting, let us remember that we were measured before and we were found equal to our tasks." - Neal A. Maxwell

Oh, yes you can.

Kerri said...

Thanks, my friend. You brought tears to my eyes. It's just plain old scary and I just want to protect my girl from any of it.

I know I can and I will. I have no other choice.